Bankruptcy & Consumer Proposal
Bankruptcy & Debt Help Services in Summerside
Summerside is a town in Prince Edward Island, Canada. It is located on the north shore of Prince Edward Island, at the mouth of the Hillsborough River. The town had a population of 16,500 in 2016. Summerside is the largest town on Prince Edward Island and the second most populous municipality after Charlottetown, the provincial capital.
Debt is a very real issue for many people living in Summerside. According to recent studies, Canadians owe $1.8 trillion in consumer debt, which is about 167% of disposable income. This means that on average, every Canadian owes $27,000. And when you break it down by city, the numbers are even more staggering. In Summerside, the average debt per person is $31,385.
There are a number of reasons why people in Summerside may find themselves in debt. Perhaps they’ve recently lost their job and are struggling to make ends meet. Or maybe they’ve had some unexpected medical bills come up. Whatever the reason, our debt help service can provide them with the assistance they need to get back on track.
If you or someone you know is struggling with debt in Summerside, we urge you to reach out to us for help. We offer a free consultation so that we can assess your situation and come up with a plan that fits your needs. We understand how difficult it can be to deal with debt, but we promise to do everything we can to help you get back on your feet. Contact us today to learn more.
Powell Associates Ltd. is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. We are experienced, hands-on insolvency practitioners who understand the personal impacts of major financial stress.
Our debt relief services ensure you are treated fairly and with dignity.
- You won’t be stuck in an assembly line process.
- You will expect and receive prompt responses and resolution of issues from our supportive and experienced team.
- We will review your debt solution options, including filing a consumer proposal or personal bankruptcy.
- We help Canadians with overwhelming debt get fresh financial starts.
Once you file, we deal directly with your creditors on your behalf. Your creditors are required to stop contacting you or continuing legal actions against you. Contact us for a free consultation.
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult decision, but it may be the best option for your financial situation if you are struggling with unmanageable debt. When you file for bankruptcy, the vast majority of your unsecured debts will be discharged, and you will have a fresh start. Bankruptcy can help you get back on your feet and rebuild your credit.
Advantages of bankruptcy include:
- Discharge of most unsecured debts
- Stops wage garnishments and legal action by creditors
- Prevents repossession of assets
- Can help rebuild your life
- You do not automatically lose your assets.
If you're struggling to keep up with your debt, a consumer proposal may be the solution for you. This type of debt relief can help you get ahead of your payments and avoid bankruptcy.
Advantages of consumer proposals include:
- You can keep your assets, including your home and car.
- Your payments will be lowered, making them more manageable.
- The consumer proposal will stop interest and collection calls from creditors.
- With few exceptions, you will be released from all unsecured debts.