Bankruptcy & Consumer Proposal
Bankruptcy & Debt Help Services in Cornwall
Cornwall, PEI is a small community located on the east coast of Prince Edward Island. The community is close-knit, and the people are friendly and welcoming. Despite its small size, Cornwall has its share of problems. One of these problems is debt.
People in Cornwall suffer from all sorts of debt, from credit card debt to student loan debt to mortgage debt. They often feel overwhelmed and helpless. This is where our debt help service comes in. We can help people get out of debt and start rebuilding their lives. We offer a variety of services, including credit counselling, budgeting advice, and debt consolidation.
If you're struggling with debt, don't despair. There is help available. Contact us today for more information. We can help you get your life back on track.
Powell Associates Ltd. is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. We are experienced, hands-on insolvency practitioners who understand the personal impacts of major financial stress.
Our debt relief services ensure you are treated fairly and with dignity.
- You won’t be stuck in an assembly line process.
- You will expect and receive prompt responses and resolution of issues from our supportive and experienced team.
- We will review your debt solution options, including filing a consumer proposal or personal bankruptcy.
- We help Canadians with overwhelming debt get fresh financial starts.
Once you file, we deal directly with your creditors on your behalf. Your creditors are required to stop contacting you or continuing legal actions against you. Contact us for a free consultation.
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult decision, but it may be the best option for your financial situation if you are struggling with unmanageable debt. When you file for bankruptcy, the vast majority of your unsecured debts will be discharged, and you will have a fresh start. Bankruptcy can help you get back on your feet and rebuild your credit.
Advantages of bankruptcy include:
- Discharge of most unsecured debts
- Stops wage garnishments and legal action by creditors
- Prevents repossession of assets
- Can help rebuild your life
- You do not automatically lose your assets.
If you're struggling to keep up with your debt, a consumer proposal may be the solution for you. This type of debt relief can help you get ahead of your payments and avoid bankruptcy.
Advantages of consumer proposals include:
- You can keep your assets, including your home and car.
- Your payments will be lowered, making them more manageable.
- The consumer proposal will stop interest and collection calls from creditors.
- With few exceptions, you will be released from all unsecured debts.