Bankruptcy & Consumer Proposal
Digby, Nova Scotia
Bankruptcy & Debt Help Services in Digby
Digby is a Canadian town located in Digby County, Nova Scotia. The town had a population of 2,060 in 2016. As of 2011, the town's main industry was fisheries. The town is also home to the Digby Scallop Days festival, which is an annual event that celebrates the scallop fishery.
Many people in Digby suffer from debt. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as unemployment, illness, or unexpected expenses. If you're struggling with debt, our debt help service can help you get back on track. We offer free consultations and can help you create a plan to get your finances back on track. Contact us today to learn more.
Powell Associates Ltd. is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. We are experienced, hands-on insolvency practitioners who understand the personal impacts of major financial stress.
Our debt relief services ensure you are treated fairly and with dignity.
- You won’t be stuck in an assembly line process.
- You will expect and receive prompt responses and resolution of issues from our supportive and experienced team.
- We will review your debt solution options, including filing a consumer proposal or personal bankruptcy.
- We help Canadians with overwhelming debt get fresh financial starts.
Once you file, we deal directly with your creditors on your behalf. Your creditors are required to stop contacting you or continuing legal actions against you. Contact us for a free consultation.
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult decision, but it may be the best option for your financial situation if you are struggling with unmanageable debt. When you file for bankruptcy, the vast majority of your unsecured debts will be discharged, and you will have a fresh start. Bankruptcy can help you get back on your feet and rebuild your credit.
Advantages of bankruptcy include:
- Discharge of most unsecured debts
- Stops wage garnishments and legal action by creditors
- Prevents repossession of assets
- Can help rebuild your life
- You do not automatically lose your assets.
If you're struggling to keep up with your debt, a consumer proposal may be the solution for you. This type of debt relief can help you get ahead of your payments and avoid bankruptcy.
Advantages of consumer proposals include:
- You can keep your assets, including your home and car.
- Your payments will be lowered, making them more manageable.
- The consumer proposal will stop interest and collection calls from creditors.
- With few exceptions, you will be released from all unsecured debts.