Bankruptcy & Consumer Proposal
Glace Bay, Nova Scotia
Bankruptcy & Debt Help Services in Glace Bay
The town of Glace Bay is located in the province of Nova Scotia, Canada. The town is situated on the east coast of Cape Breton Island. As of the 2016 census, the population of the town was about 19,000 people. The town has a long history of coal mining and fishing. Glace Bay is a service town and as a result, many people suffer from debt. The town has a high unemployment rate and many people are struggling to make ends meet.
Our debt help service can help people in Glace Bay by providing them with financial education and counselling. We can also provide them with information about government programs and services that can help them get out of debt. If you or someone you know is struggling with debt, please contact us today. We can help!
Powell Associates Ltd. is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. We are experienced, hands-on insolvency practitioners who understand the personal impacts of major financial stress.
Our debt relief services ensure you are treated fairly and with dignity.
- You won’t be stuck in an assembly line process.
- You will expect and receive prompt responses and resolution of issues from our supportive and experienced team.
- We will review your debt solution options, including filing a consumer proposal or personal bankruptcy.
- We help Canadians with overwhelming debt get fresh financial starts.
Once you file, we deal directly with your creditors on your behalf. Your creditors are required to stop contacting you or continuing legal actions against you. Contact us for a free consultation.
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult decision, but it may be the best option for your financial situation if you are struggling with unmanageable debt. When you file for bankruptcy, the vast majority of your unsecured debts will be discharged, and you will have a fresh start. Bankruptcy can help you get back on your feet and rebuild your credit.
Advantages of bankruptcy include:
- Discharge of most unsecured debts
- Stops wage garnishments and legal action by creditors
- Prevents repossession of assets
- Can help rebuild your life
- You do not automatically lose your assets.
If you're struggling to keep up with your debt, a consumer proposal may be the solution for you. This type of debt relief can help you get ahead of your payments and avoid bankruptcy.
Advantages of consumer proposals include:
- You can keep your assets, including your home and car.
- Your payments will be lowered, making them more manageable.
- The consumer proposal will stop interest and collection calls from creditors.
- With few exceptions, you will be released from all unsecured debts.