Bankruptcy & Consumer Proposal
Kentville, Nova Scotia
Bankruptcy & Debt Help Services in Kentville
Kentville is a town in Kings County, Nova Scotia. The population was 6,271 at the 2016 census. Kentville is the commercial and service hub for Kings County and the Annapolis Valley.
Nova Scotia has a very high level of debt. In fact, one study from 2016 ranks Nova Scotia as the province with the second-highest debt-to-GDP ratio in the country, with only Newfoundland and Labrador having a higher ratio. This high level of debt is creating serious problems for people in Nova Scotia.
Debt can create a lot of stress and anxiety for people. It can cause people to feel overwhelmed and hopeless. This can have a negative impact on people's mental health and well-being. If you are struggling with debt, it is essential to get help. There are many organizations and services that can help you get your debt under control.
Our organization provides debt help services to people in Nova Scotia. We can help you develop a plan to pay off your debt, negotiate with your creditors, and provide support and resources to help you through the process. If you are struggling with debt, please contact us. We can help you get your life back on track.
Powell Associates Ltd. is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. We are experienced, hands-on insolvency practitioners who understand the personal impacts of major financial stress.
Our debt relief services ensure you are treated fairly and with dignity.
- You won’t be stuck in an assembly line process.
- You will expect and receive prompt responses and resolution of issues from our supportive and experienced team.
- We will review your debt solution options, including filing a consumer proposal or personal bankruptcy.
- We help Canadians with overwhelming debt get fresh financial starts.
Once you file, we deal directly with your creditors on your behalf. Your creditors are required to stop contacting you or continuing legal actions against you. Contact us for a free consultation.
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult decision, but it may be the best option for your financial situation if you are struggling with unmanageable debt. When you file for bankruptcy, the vast majority of your unsecured debts will be discharged, and you will have a fresh start. Bankruptcy can help you get back on your feet and rebuild your credit.
Advantages of bankruptcy include:
- Discharge of most unsecured debts
- Stops wage garnishments and legal action by creditors
- Prevents repossession of assets
- Can help rebuild your life
- You do not automatically lose your assets.
If you're struggling to keep up with your debt, a consumer proposal may be the solution for you. This type of debt relief can help you get ahead of your payments and avoid bankruptcy.
Advantages of consumer proposals include:
- You can keep your assets, including your home and car.
- Your payments will be lowered, making them more manageable.
- The consumer proposal will stop interest and collection calls from creditors.
- With few exceptions, you will be released from all unsecured debts.