Bankruptcy & Consumer Proposal
Lockeport, Nova Scotia
Bankruptcy & Debt Help Services in Lockeport
Lockeport is a town in Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia. The town had a population of 810 in 2016. Lockeport is known for its fishing industry, with lobster being the predominant catch. The town has also been affected by the decline of the fishing industry in recent years, leading to high unemployment rates and economic hardship.
One of the main problems facing people in Lockeport is debt. Many people are struggling to make ends meet, and they often turn to credit cards and loans to make up the difference. This can lead to high levels of debt, which can be difficult to repay.
If you are struggling with debt in Lockeport, there is help available. The team at our debt help service can provide advice and support to help you get back on track. We can help you create a budget and repayment plan, and we can also connect you with helpful resources. Contact us today for more information.
Powell Associates Ltd. is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. We are experienced, hands-on insolvency practitioners who understand the personal impacts of major financial stress.
Our debt relief services ensure you are treated fairly and with dignity.
- You won’t be stuck in an assembly line process.
- You will expect and receive prompt responses and resolution of issues from our supportive and experienced team.
- We will review your debt solution options, including filing a consumer proposal or personal bankruptcy.
- We help Canadians with overwhelming debt get fresh financial starts.
Once you file, we deal directly with your creditors on your behalf. Your creditors are required to stop contacting you or continuing legal actions against you. Contact us for a free consultation.
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult decision, but it may be the best option for your financial situation if you are struggling with unmanageable debt. When you file for bankruptcy, the vast majority of your unsecured debts will be discharged, and you will have a fresh start. Bankruptcy can help you get back on your feet and rebuild your credit.
Advantages of bankruptcy include:
- Discharge of most unsecured debts
- Stops wage garnishments and legal action by creditors
- Prevents repossession of assets
- Can help rebuild your life
- You do not automatically lose your assets.
If you're struggling to keep up with your debt, a consumer proposal may be the solution for you. This type of debt relief can help you get ahead of your payments and avoid bankruptcy.
Advantages of consumer proposals include:
- You can keep your assets, including your home and car.
- Your payments will be lowered, making them more manageable.
- The consumer proposal will stop interest and collection calls from creditors.
- With few exceptions, you will be released from all unsecured debts.