Bankruptcy & Consumer Proposal
Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia
Bankruptcy & Debt Help Services in Mahone Bay
Welcome to Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia! This beautiful little town is located in the province's Lunenburg County and is a popular tourist destination. Some of the area's main attractions include the Mahone Bay Museum, the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia's Lunenburg branch, and the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic.
Despite its charming setting and many attractions, Mahone Bay suffers from a high level of debt. This can be traced back to the town's reliance on tourism, which can be volatile and unreliable. In addition, many residents struggle with debt due to high levels of unemployment and poverty.
Fortunately, our debt help service can provide assistance to those struggling with debt in Mahone Bay. We can provide information on budgeting and financial planning, as well as help negotiate with creditors. We also offer debt consolidation services, which can help reduce monthly payments and make debt more manageable. If you're struggling with debt in Mahone Bay, don't hesitate to contact us for help.
Powell Associates Ltd. is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. We are experienced, hands-on insolvency practitioners who understand the personal impacts of major financial stress.
Our debt relief services ensure you are treated fairly and with dignity.
- You won’t be stuck in an assembly line process.
- You will expect and receive prompt responses and resolution of issues from our supportive and experienced team.
- We will review your debt solution options, including filing a consumer proposal or personal bankruptcy.
- We help Canadians with overwhelming debt get fresh financial starts.
Once you file, we deal directly with your creditors on your behalf. Your creditors are required to stop contacting you or continuing legal actions against you. Contact us for a free consultation.
Filing for bankruptcy can be a difficult decision, but it may be the best option for your financial situation if you are struggling with unmanageable debt. When you file for bankruptcy, the vast majority of your unsecured debts will be discharged, and you will have a fresh start. Bankruptcy can help you get back on your feet and rebuild your credit.
Advantages of bankruptcy include:
- Discharge of most unsecured debts
- Stops wage garnishments and legal action by creditors
- Prevents repossession of assets
- Can help rebuild your life
- You do not automatically lose your assets.
If you're struggling to keep up with your debt, a consumer proposal may be the solution for you. This type of debt relief can help you get ahead of your payments and avoid bankruptcy.
Advantages of consumer proposals include:
- You can keep your assets, including your home and car.
- Your payments will be lowered, making them more manageable.
- The consumer proposal will stop interest and collection calls from creditors.
- With few exceptions, you will be released from all unsecured debts.